Okay so like I posted on my Facebook page, here’s the recipe for an amazing carrot cake. Its sweet, it’s salty and it is very very light!
Technically, a carrot cake is thought of as if the carrots are the only main ingredient. Sadly enough, that ain’t true. It ain’t just carrots, there’s a slight touch of cinnamon in there too! The only difference between a carrot cake and a normal sponge cake is that of milk, carrots and cinnamon. The recipe I’m sharing here is, therefore, easier than a lot of other recipes which have been tried and tested!
- Preheat the oven at 180C.
- In a bowl combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, carrots, cinnamon and salt. Mix.
- Take another bowl, add in the eggs and the oil and whisk until bubbly.
- Add the bubbled mixture into the dried contents and beat until the batter is flowy. (Make sure the batter is denser than the normal cakes batter!)
- Line a 9″ baking pan with butter or oil and spread the batter evenly in the pan. Once done, put the cake in to be baked until golden brown! (which is approximately after 30 mins!)
** Insert a toothpick after 25 mins to check if the cake has been cooked through!