When I became interested in walking through the kitchen doors, the first question that I had in mind was: What’s the best way to make cupcakes? (Because in my opinion Cupcakes are little happy treats that EVERYONE loves..) Imagine for a second here though, a golden brown cupcake with THE perfect bump on the top, paired with a cup of freshly brewed coffee. Do you see yourself all cosied up, contemplating life in the few bites that a cupcake holds? Yes? Thought so..
Anyway, after wasting immense amounts of sugar and flour and other ingredients used in the baking of cupcakes, I’ve finally settled on this recipe I was taught when I was fourteen. It’s simple and it makes a tasty batch of cupcakes to be honest.
Here’s everything you need:
1 cups flour
1 cups sugar
1/2 cup oil
1/3 cup milk
1 1/3 tea spoon baking powder
pinch of salt
Few drops of Vanilla essence
- Pre-heat the oven at 180C.
- In a bowl, add flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and baking powder. Mix well.
- Take another bowl, Combine eggs, milk, oil and vanilla essence. Beat the mixture until foamy (or simply whisk if you feel that’s better!) ‘
- Add the foamy mixture into the dry mixture and mix. Make use of a beater to incorporate all the ingredients well together. Beat till you can’t see any dry ingredients in the bowl and the mixture is in the flowy stage yet is still dense.
- Line the cupcake trays and pour the batter in the pan. (But, make sure you don’t over fill the paper lines for the cupcakes look ugly when they come out..)
- Slide the tray in the oven
- Wait for 25 to 30 minutes for the cupcakes to rise perfectly and to get the golden-brown glow at the top!
Oh and yes, if you feel the cupcakes should have a pretty color instead of just plain yellow, feel free to add in a few drops of liquid color!
** Sprinkle powdered sugar on top for better presentation!